Here Is The Root Cause To Your Child's ECZEMA!!!
It's estimated that eczema affects 35 million Americans: 1-3% of adults, and 10-20% of children. You or your child may have a terrible itch and scratch all the time. You then get prescribed steroid creams from you or your child's doctor that don't help much at all. At Smootipie, We have developed products that work great at gently soothing eczema flare ups.
Our Baby Eczema Shampoo & Body Gel is great for your little one (you can even use it to mom) to use at bath time. This non scented wash will give skin all the moisture and nutrients it needs while calming eczema flare ups and soothing those itches. Your little SmootiePie will thankful.
Our Baby Vegan Multi Purpose Butta is a miracle in a jar! This skin soothing cream is formulated with quality herbs such as calendula & chamomile. These key ingredients, along with many others will treat, protect, and help relieve and calm skin irritation and itching due to rashes and eczema.
Our Baby Eczema Relief Body Lotion can be used to help care for dry and irritated skin. This chemical free formula contains plant based ingredients such as calendula and provides relief from eczema, rashes, and many more skin irritations.
Lastly, our Baby Stimulating Growht Oil can encourage hair growth while nourishing scalp, temporarily soothing cradle cap, eczema or psoriasis on the scalp.
Many people don't realize that Eczema is a sign that you or your child's body is inflamed. The solution is figuring out what is causing it.
- Leaky gut. Medically called “increased intestinal permeability”. This is a sign of a good gut gone bad. Leaky gut creates a low-grade inflammation in reaction to food particles (deemed foreign by your immune system) that literally leak through your gut wall. This causes food sensitivities, especially to gluten and dairy, which are the biggest food causes of eczema. Leaky gut also triggers many other health problems including fatigue, brain fog, headaches, depression, allergies, sinus problems, irritable bowel, reflux, joint pain, skin diseases such as acne and eczema, autoimmune diseases and more. Inflammation also causes weight gain which is triggered by insulin resistance, food sensitivities and food allergies.
- Abnormal gut flora. Getting rid of the overgrowth of bad bugs and yeast can make a huge difference to eliminate eczema. This is called dysbiosis. It is when the 3 pounds of bugs in your gut become out of balance driving inflammation. Yeast overgrowth is a common cause of eczema. It can be caused by a high-sugar, refined carb, low-fiber, processed diet. Yeast overgrowth also can be triggered by the use of antibiotics, steroids, hormones and even the birth control pill.
Change Your Food, Improve You Or Your Child's Skin
Its definitely a challenge to get most kids to eat healthy but, food is fuel and medicine. Bad food is bad fuel and medicine which will make us sick. Good food is good fuel and medicine that can prevent, reverse and even cure lots of illnesses. Here are some tips that can help:
- Try Substituting Gluten & Dairy: The two most common and harmful food sensitivities are gluten and dairy. Also, eliminate these along with sugary, processed foods, which will result in reduced inflammation in about 10 days. You can substitute breads and other foods for gluten free options. Also try substituting milk for almond milk and cheese for plant based cheese. Your child may enjoy these options more than you think.
- Incorporate Anti-Inflammatory Nutrients And Foods: Eat plenty of wild-caught fish and a colorful array of plant foods, and use spices like turmeric liberally. Fish oil and curcumin are some anti-inflammatory supplements. There are many kids vitamins on the market that include these.
- Normalize Gut Flor: Prebiotic's, probiotics and digestive enzymes are among the things I use to normalize healthy gut flora. Please keep in mind it may become necessary to work with a Functional Medicine practitioner to address gut issues, but removing food sensitivities and incorporating gut-healing nutrients are entirely within your power. Restoring normal gut flora reduces overall immune activation and many inflammatory diseases including asthma, eczema, rhinitis and inflammatory bowel disease. There are many kids prebiotic and probiotic vitamins on the market for kids.
- Use The Right Vitamins: There are many vitamin that can reduce eczema such as fish oil, vitamins D and A. You can find all these supplements in a Natural Health food store. Many kid vitamins include vitamin D & A. Also, make sure your child is eating fruits and vegetables that are rich in these vitamins.
- Make Sure Your Smootipie Gets Sufficient Sleep: No surprise: Studies show sleep loss fuels the flames of inflammation, resulting in eczema and other conditions. Aim for you and your child to get eight hours of quality, uninterrupted sleep every night.
- Kids Should Also Exercise Regularly: Studies show regular exercise reduces inflammation and boosts your immune system. Get your child out of the house and playing different activities in the backyard or at the park.
- Control stress levels: Studies link chronic stress levels with inflammation. Try meditation, yoga, or other forms of stress relief with your child. Talk with your little one regularly to see if anything could potentially be stressing them out.